Israel is a Mediterranean country with Jerusalem as its capital city. According to FoodbyCountry.com, Israel is home to people from 70 different countries. FoodbyCountry.com also sites that Jerusalem's most popular foods are derived from North African, Middle Eastern, and Jewish descent. These various cultural influences are what makes Jerusalem's cuisine so unique.
Other People Are Reading
Sabich is a pita sandwich overflowing with fried eggplant, hard-boiled egg, salad, and a mango pickle. It is another fast food item that can be purchased from local food stands throughout Israel. GemsinIsrael.com states that the sandwich is not original to Israel but was brought to Israel by Iraqi immigrants. GemsinIsrael.com goes on to say that the founder of the first kiosk selling this Iraqi food did not know what the sandwich was called in Iraq, so he used his business partner's Iraqi name, Sabich. The local name caught on, and Sabich has attracted both Israelis and tourists with its unique taste.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for
- FoodbyCountry.com: Israel
- Israeli-Food-Guide.com: Popular Israeli Food
- PitaPitInternational.com: Pita Bread
- GemsinIsrael.com: Sabich- The Alternate Israeli Fast Food
- GoJerusalem.com: Jerusalem Sets a World Record with 32 Kilos of Chicken Innards
- Largest "Jerusalem mixed grill"- Israeli Chefs Sets World Record