A spline lug nut key is used to unlock and remove spline lug nuts from a tire. Most lug nuts have wheel locks designed with a unique shape, usually in a starlike pattern, that fit into a uniquely designed key. Wheel lock keys need to be specially ordered from the auto manufacturer. Unlike wheel locks, spline lug nuts come in standard sizes. You can match the spline lug nut key to the type of spline nut on your tire and unlock the tire to remove it.
The 7-spline lug nut key is made by Topline designed to unlock 7-spline Topline lug nuts. The key has a hex head that accepts 13/16-inch sockets. It should be used with a SplineDrive Installation Tool. The 7-spline lug nut key should not be used with an impact wrench, which may cause the key to break.
Topline Automotive Engineering
8200 S. Hoyne Ave.
Chicago, IL 60620
A 6-spline lug nut key is made by Gorilla and is used to unlock 6-spline Gorilla lug nuts. It has a dual hex head that accepts 3/4-inch and 17mm sockets. It has an outside diameter of 0.80-inch, an overall length of 3.50 inches and a wall thickness of 0.048-inch.
Gorilla Automotive Products
2011 E. 49th St.
Los Angeles, CA 90058
Excalibur Wheel Accessories makes a 5-spline lug nut key compatible with small, tuner-style, 5-spline lug nuts. This key has a dual hex head that accepts 3/4- and 13/16-inch sockets. This lug nut key has an outside diameter of 0.78-inch, an inside diameter of 5/8-inch and is 2.1 inches long.
Excalibur Wheel Accessories
2000 S. Grove Ave., Bldg. C
Ontario, CA 91761
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for
- SFX Performance: Car Spline Lug Nut Key 7
- Topline Automotive Engineering
- Brand Sport: Gorilla Small Diameter Wheel Bolt Key 1719SD Key fits 6-Spline Small Diameter Tuner Lug Bolts
- Gorilla Auto Parts: Lug Nuts
- Brand Sport: Excalibur Small Diameter Lug Nut Key fits 5-Spline Small Diameter Tuner Lug Nuts