Business Objects XI is a business intelligence tool for performance management, planning, reporting, query and analysis, and enterprise-information management. Job candidates should practice with dozens of questions until they are able to return the answers with ease. There are several resources offering questions from practicing Business Objects Developers, many with answers. The sample questions provided will get you started.
Other People Are Reading
Business Objects Universe
The Business Objects Universe is fundamental knowledge. Typical questions could be:
What is a Business Objects Universe and what are the types of Universes?
A Business Objects Universe is the semantic layer that lies between the users and the database so users do not need to access the database directly. Universe types are: Normal, Linked, Derived.
What can a Business Objects Developer do with Universe Designer?
Construct Universes, or
Build a view of the database for business users
Business Object Client Tools
What is the difference between Deskl and Webl?
Deskl is the full client tool and is accessed on the desktop.
Webl is the web client tool accessed on the intranet.
Business Objects Analysis
What are the types of analysis users can do in Business objects?
Drill down or Slice and Dice are Business Objects analysis types.
Business Objects Reports and Jobs
What is the Business Objects component that schedules jobs and distributes reports?
Broadcast Agent is the Business Intelligence tool that is used to schedule jobs, burst reports to users, and has a variety of implementations.
Business Objects Questions to Research
The questions listed are from Tech Interviews (see below). A good exercise to prepare for the interview is to research the answers at the links below in References and Resources.
1. Who launches the supervisor product in BO for the first time?
2. How can you check the universe?
3. What are universe parameters?
4. Types of universes in business objects?
5. What is security domain in BO?
6. Where will you find the address of repository in BO?
7. In BO 4.1 version what is the alternative name for broadcast agent?
8. What services the broadcast agent offers on the server side?
9. How can you access your repository with different user profiles?
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for