The Honda Accord is a Japanese manufactured automobile that is imported into the United States and throughout the world. There are many makes of models of the Accord. A blown head gasket in the Accord is an issue that needs prompt attention. The head gasket is responsible for cooling the engine and if the engine is not cooled, overheating, engine damage, and many other problems can occur.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Recognise signs of your Accord driving sluggish or rougher than normal. If the engine is struggling or appears to be weak, this can be a sign that the head gasket is blown.
Check your coolant level and look for coolant leaks under the Accord. If too much of the coolant leaks out, it can freeze up your entire Accord engine. If your coolant light comes on regularly and you find yourself replacing the coolant too often or smelling a strong coolant odour, check for a blown head gasket as well.
Look for smoke coming from your Accord exhaust. This smoke is caused by fluid dripping into the tailpipe.
Notice any oil leaks around the head gasket and oil leaks under the Accord. Also, be conscious of the Accord overheating.
Ask a mechanic to perform a "cooling system pressure test," which tests for leaks in the Accord cooling system and head gasket. There is usually a charge for this test.
Use an Accord diagnostic computer to reveal all head gasket issues. A Honda mechanic will hook your vehicle up and the computer automatically checks the Accord. These tests are used by mechanics to quickly diagnose issues and there can be a charge to perform this test.
Tips and warnings
- Always use a Honda certified mechanic to perform work on your Accord. If mistakes are made, they can be very difficult to correct. Make a good decision up front if you need a mechanic.
- Make sure that your engine is cool before you begin to explore under the hood of your Accord.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for