Documents Needed for Egyptian Birth Certificates

Written by alex taylor
  • Share
  • Tweet
  • Share
  • Pin
  • Email
Documents Needed for Egyptian Birth Certificates
You can get an Egyptian birth certificate if you or your parents are of Egyptian origin. (Pyramids at Ghiza Egypt image by Sean Wallace-Jones from

Even if you were not born in Egypt, you can still be eligible for an Egyptian birth certificate if your father or mother is an Egyptian citizen. If only your mother is an Egyptian, you would have to born after 2005 to be eligible. If you meet these requirements, obtain the following documents and mail them to the Egyptian consulate that represents your location. Allow six to eight weeks for processing through the Ministry of Interior Affairs in Egypt.

Other People Are Reading

Father's Proof of Citizenship

You may provide an Egyptian passport, ID or birth certificate.

Birth Certificate Form (No. 26)

A birth certificate form can be downloaded in Egyptian or English from the consulate's web site (see Resources).

Non-Egyptian Birth Certificate of Applicant

Include this if the child was born outside of Egypt.

Mother's Passport

Even if the mother is not Egyptian, her passport must be included.

Parent's Marriage Certificate

This does not have to be included if the husband's name is stated on the mother's passport.

Certificate of Conversion

The certificate of conversion must be included if one or both of the parents has converted to Islam.

Self-Addressed Stamped Envelope

The consulate will the envelope to return all documents and passports to you when processing is complete.


The processing fee is £13 (as of 2010) if the child is younger than 30 days old, or £19 if the child is older. You may pay in cash, money order or cashier's check.

Don't Miss

  • All types
  • Articles
  • Slideshows
  • Videos
  • Most relevant
  • Most popular
  • Most recent

No articles available

No slideshows available

No videos available

By using the site, you consent to the use of cookies. For more information, please see our Cookie policy.