Going through puberty requires a lot of energy in the form of calories for proper development. This can cause children to appear skinny and malnourished; however, getting additional calories can help combat this issue. These additional calories will help add weight to the child and provide the nutrients needed for optimal growth and development. There are a variety of supplements that children can safely drink to help gain muscle; however, you should always consult with your doctor to ensure that the supplement is safe for your child to drink.
Other People Are Reading
A smoothie is another drink that children can safely drink to help gain muscle. Smoothies can be loaded with milk, yogurt and fruit which are all nutritious. The milk and yogurt provides the necessary proteins for development while the fruit provides healthy calories loaded with antioxidants. Smoothie recipes can also be matched to your child’s taste, which increases the likelihood that he will consume the product.
Premade liquid shakes can also play a role in helping to gain muscle for children according to the U.S. Centre for Young Women’s Health. These liquid shakes are dense in calories and take up relatively little space in the stomach. This allows the child to pack in more calories without worrying about getting over-full. These shakes also include vitamins and minerals that are also important for the development of children during puberty.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for
- Kids Health: Should I gain weight?
- Kids Health: Sports supplements
- Baby Center: Helping a child who is underweight
- Centre for Young Women's Health: Healthy weight gain for teens - a guide for parents
- Virginia Cooperative Extension: Healthy weights for healthy kids - what should I do if my child is underweight?