Players must enter a serial code proving ownership of the Sims 3 before downloading. If you have lost your serial code either before or after downloading the Sims 3, you can request a new serial number. Players can register the Sims 3 game through the Entertainment Arts website later on to preserve an electronic copy of the serial code.
Other People Are Reading
Checking for serial number first
Check for the serial code on the back of the Sims 3 case or within the instruction manual, if you possess them. If your copy of the Sims 3 is for another gaming platform besides a computer, you do not need a serial number. If a serial number was not included on these items, contact the retailer for more information.
Replacement for lost serial number
Contact Electronic Arts about getting a replacement serial number (see Resources). You just need to prove you own the game, so you could use your proof of purchase, found in the Sims 3 manual, or take a photo of the game disc to prove ownership. You should also indicate the reason that you are requesting a new serial number. Include contact information about yourself such as your phone number, address, e-mail address and full name.
Replacement for illegible serial number
Much like replacing a lost serial number, players can get a free serial number replacement if the original is illegible. Write a letter explaining the circumstances, listing your full name and all return contact information. Include the original game insert showing the illegible serial number or the manual. Send it to the address indicated in the manual.
Finding a lost serial number after download
You may be able to view your serial number locally. Select "Start" from the desktop and click "Run." Enter "regedit" into the field that appears and press "Enter." Open the subfolders of "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE," "Software," "Electronic Arts," "Electronic Arts," and "The Sims 3." Open the "ergc" folder. On the right-hand side of the screen, you will see your registration key. Copy down the registration key for safekeeping and future use.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for
- EA Support: How can I find my serial number for the Origin version of Mass Effect?
- The Sims Customer Support: How do I retrieve my Sims serial number after I have already registered on the official website?
- EA Support: Where is the serial number for my game?
- EA Support: I'm having trouble with my serial code. What do I do?
- The Sims Customer Support: How do I obtain a replacement registration code?