When planning your wedding, you may envision guests marvelling at all of the sparkling decorations as they enter your ceremony and reception venues. However, your budget is limited and you don't want to break the bank to get the look you desire. Fortunately, you can complete many DIY projects that are both pretty and cheap.
Other People Are Reading
Invest in several bolts of tulle. Bolts of the fabric come at a very affordable price when bought in bulk. Use the tulle everywhere. Hang it from the ceiling, wrap it around pillars, create swags between the pews at your ceremony site and run it down the middle of your tables.
Stock up on white lights after Christmas, or ask friends and relatives if they can lend you lights from their own supply. Options vary from enclosing white lights in tulle and wrapping around the bridal table under the linens to lining your walkway with luminaries. Place candles around your reception venue for a romantic glow. Make miniature lanterns by cleaning out old baby food jars, filling with sand or decorative stones, placing a votive candle inside and stringing the jar to a hanging branch with sturdy wire.
You can create a unique centrepiece for less than £6. Make a topiary out of a recycled pot, styrofoam ball, moss, dowel rod, moss, ribbon and silk flowers. Make candy bouquets and place in a bright basket. Place a tiered cupcake stand in the middle of each table and fill with bright cupcakes. Place a row of pillar candles down the middle of the table and surround by moss or flower petals. Take decorative butterflies on a stem, wrap them together and place in a decorative container for a butterfly bouquet. Use several bud vases with a single flower stem in each one for a fresh look. Place several tulips in a vase and weight them down with fishing sinkers. Fill the vase with water for a submerged floral arrangement.
Favours add a decorative touch and help to fill up the table. You can also place the favours in a basket or hang them from a small tree in place of a centrepiece. Make edible treats and place them in a pretty satchel. Make your own body scrub from sugar, body oil, aloe vera and olive oil, and place in decorative containers. Wrap mints in tulle and tie with a colourful ribbon.
An easy and cheap way to add a splash of colour to your wedding decorations is to make your own seating cards in bold colours. Write each guest's name and table number on a bright piece of paper. Cut out, fold and add ribbon to the side of the card. Press flowers in a book and glue them around your table numbers. Paint a cheap picture frame with a distressed look for a vintage feel. Place the table number inside the frame.
Quickly decorate your church by using pew bows. Cut tulle or satin fabric and tie in the shape of a bow. Tie the bows around the pew. Another option is to create a kissing ball. Stick flowers through styrofoam so they make a round arrangement. Attach ribbon and hang from the pew.
Scour flea markets, thrift stores and your own supply of second-hand items for candlestick holders, stemware, china, vases, candles and other decorations. Use a decorative bird cage in place of a wedding card box. Set the tables with sparkling glasses and white dinner plates. Borrow a couple of pieces of furniture to make a comfortable lounge area. Place photographs in old picture frames around the reception venue and near the guest book.
You do not need to decorate every area of your venue to achieve an elegant look. Concentrate instead on a few focal points. For example, place the bridesmaids' bouquets in vases on your bridal table for a lush look. Frame a cake table with a pretty canopy. Use a garden arch at your entrance, and cover it with tulle, flowers and ribbon. Use garden trellis against a wall and string flowers through the holes. Stack decorative hat boxes to give the illusion of a cake. Place coordinating flowers on the edges of the boxes.
An easy and cheap way to add decor to your venue is to make signs. Make a large sign pointing to the reception venue. Make it decorative by adding graphics or a stylish font. Make a reminder sign beside the guest book. Make a banner featuring with the couple's name.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for
- The Knot: 6 Easy DIY Wedding Ideas
- Cheap Chic Weddings.com: Discover Great Cheap Wedding Favors
- Cheap Chic Weddings.com: Make Your Own Wedding Reception Decorations
- Cheap Wedding Solutions: Wedding Pew Decorations
- Pioneer Thinking: Creative Centerpieces for Your Wedding
- Do It Yourself Weddings: Wedding Candle Centerpiece Ideas
- Cheap Wedding Solutions: Cheap Wedding Reception Table Decorations
- Stress Away Bridal Shop: 3 Wedding Ideas on a Budget
- Michaels: Floral Arch Bouquet
- DIY Wedding: Submerged Underwater Flower Centerpieces Instructions
- Stress Away Bridal: DIY Summer Wedding Centerpiece Ideas
- Do It Yourself Weddings: Cheap Wedding Centerpiece Ideas
- Do It Yourself Weddings: No Nails Wedding Reception Decorations
- DIY Wedding: DIY Garden Lanterns
- Smart-Bottom Enterprise: Homemade Sugar Scrub
- The Knot: 7 Sweet Wedding Signs
- Michaels: Vintage Lace & Pearls Place Cards
- Michaels: Let Them Eat Cake!