Enhance your natural beauty by wearing clothes that best complement your colouring. Take a moment to discover which colours celebrate your shade of blonde and your eye colour.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Begin your journey into personal colour by breaking away from your favourite colours and whatever colours currently reside in your wardrobe.
Consider your natural hair colour. Determine if it's golden, flaxen or ash blonde.
Remove all traces of make-up.
Look at your eyes in the mirror. Are they light blue or green, clear blue or green, or a shade of grey?
Check your skin's undertones. Do you see golden, peachy, beige or bluish hues?
Choose soft earth tones if you are a golden blonde with green or dark blue-green eyes, and golden undertones to your skin. Look for browns, yellow-based greens, oranges, peach and light camel. Greys, navys and pinks will make you look lifeless. Wear blacks for trousers or skirts only.
Choose plums, mauves, pinks, rose-based browns and beiges, blue-greys and blue-greens if you have ash blonde hair, blue, green or gray eyes, and pink or bluish undertones to your skin. Orange and golden colours will make you appear very pale.
Choose ivory, apricot, tans, beige, milk chocolate browns, violet blues and lemon yellows if you have flaxen hair, clear blue or green eyes, and peach, pink or golden undertones to your skin. Marine blue and warm greys will work for you, but black and burgundy will render you sallow.
Go shopping. You're armed with personally empowering information, so get out there and use it!
Try on colours that you've determined to be well suited to your coloring. Step out of the dressing room into light that is as close to daylight as possible, and ask a friend or sales assistant for an opinion.
Look at yourself against a white or off-white background for an undistorted view of the colour.
Tips and warnings
- Experiment. There are a million colours out there; if you're unsure which one is right for you, try it on and get a few opinions.
- Colour blind? Find someone you trust, give her your list of colours and have her help you select the shades most complementary for you.
- If you find a colour you like that is outside of your range, consider it for trousers or a skirt. Keep it far away from your face.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for