It takes just a few steps to program an RCA Universal Remote Control using the Automatic Code Search method. While there may be some trial and error, the pleasure of getting rid of several extra remote controls will far outweigh the hassle in getting it programmed.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- RCA Universal Remote Control
Turn on the component you want to program.
Press and release the component button on your remote that corresponds to the component you want the remote to operate (TV, VCR, etc.). The illuminated ON-OFF button will turn on and remain on.
Press both the component and the ON-OFF buttons. The illuminated ON-OFF button will turn off, and then will come back on.
Release both buttons after the ON-OFF button turns back on. The button should remain illuminated.
Press and release the PLAY button. If the component does not respond after five seconds, continue to press the PLAY button every five seconds until the component turns off.
Press and release the REVERSE button when the component turns off, then wait to see if the component turns on again.
Press and release the STOP button to save the new code.
Tips and warnings
- Each time you press the PLAY button in Step 5, the ON-OFF button blinks ten times and a list of 10 codes is sent to your component. This process continues until all of the code lists have been searched. If the component has not turned off after all codes have been searched, the ON-OFF button blinks four times, turns off, and the Auto Code Search is exited.
- If you do not press the STOP button at the end, the new code will not be saved.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for