If you have many Facebook friends or even just a few that constantly post updates and messages to their walls that you're not interested in seeing, you can remove their posts from your News Feed. Doing this won't block that friend completely, and you can still see his wall if you click on him from your "Friends" list on your Facebook page. Facebook also allows you to completely block a person so that you won't see any of his posts or receive any other communication from him.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Hover your mouse pointer over a friend's wall post or update in your News Feed.
Click the "X" that appears and select "Hide all by (the person's name)" if you want to stop seeing that friend's wall posts. To stop seeing certain types of posts, such as quizzes or game updates, select "Hide all by (the name of the application)."
Click on "Account" at the top of your Facebook page and select "Privacy Settings" from the drop-down menu. Here you can alter your profile settings so that posts and other communications from certain individuals are prevented from appearing in your News Feed.
Click on the blue text that reads "Edit your lists." This appears under "Block Lists" at the bottom of the page.
Type in the person's full name or e-mail address in the appropriate field and click the "Block" button.
Tips and warnings
- You can also block a person completely by navigating to her profile page and clicking on "Report/Block This Person" at the bottom of the left-hand side of the screen. Tick the radio button next to "Block this person" and click the "Submit" button.
- Your friends will not be notified if you remove their posts from your News Feed or block them.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for