Your PS3 will accumulate a lot of different files over time, and sometimes you might want to do a little spring cleaning of the downloads list. This will allow you to remove any and all files that you no longer need or use. This can include games, movies, samples and many other files. They can all be deleted the same way through this one folder. When you delete files from this list, you allow your PS3 to have more room for new downloads.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
Go to the "Game" menu on your PS3 user interface once the PS3 has booted up. Go to the "Game Data Utility" feature on this interface.
Press the triangle button on the controller. This will show you all of the options that you have when it comes to deleting certain files within this folder.
Choose the "Information" button on the screen to view the size of the files you're going to delete. Look at the size field on the screen.
Select the "Delete" option from the drop-down menu. Click "Yes" to confirm that you want to delete the files from your PS3.
Tips and warnings
- Do the same steps within the video folder to delete any videos, media or pictures that you have stored in that area of the PS3.
- Make sure you want to do this. You cannot restore the files you delete from your download list on your PS3 once it is done.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for