It's important to be stylish when jamming to your favourite tunes. If you have traditional over-the-ear headphones, spruce the item up by creating a fashionable headband. By doing the project yourself, you can customise the look -- choose fabric in your favourite colour or pattern. Use special steps that allow you to easily remove the headband when it is no longer needed or when you desire to change the look.
- Skill level:
Things you need
- Measuring tape
- Pliable plastic, 1 inch wide by 12 inches long
- Duct tape
- Fabric, 1 inch wide by 12 inches long
- Hot glue gun
Place the headphones on your head and adjust them so they fit perfectly over your ears. Remove the headphones and measure the headpiece with a measuring tape.
Mark the measurement on the pliable piece of plastic. Use a sturdy pair of scissors to cut the plastic to the measurement. File the edges of the plastic to ensure there are no sharp or ragged points.
Line the bottom edge of the plastic with the bottom edge of the headphone headpiece. Tape the plastic into place by wrapping a piece of duct tape around the plastic and headpiece. Stretch the plastic over the headpiece and place another piece of duct tape around both items at the top of the headpiece. Add one final piece of duct tape on the bottom edge of the plastic and headpiece. Now the headpiece has a piece of plastic taped over it in a headband fashion.
Place one drop of hot glue on the plastic, at the bottom, right above the headphone's earpiece. Press the end of the fabric onto the glue. Hold the fabric in place until it is securely attached.
Wrap the fabric around the plastic and headpiece, overlapping the previous wrap by a 1/2 inch. Secure the fabric with a drop of glue every few wraps. Work your way up and over the headpiece, down to the other side. Cut off any excess fabric.
Tips and warnings
- Use duct tape to secure the plastic to the headphone headpiece. Do not use glue. This allows you to snip the fabric and cut the tape to remove the headband, if you no longer desire it.
- Consider purchasing wireless headphones to use in the project.
- Caution must be used when working with a hot glue gun.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for