A merry-go-round is an exciting ride for children and adults alike. Not only can you find them at playgrounds, but you're able to make your own right at home. Merry-go-rounds can be made with or without handles, and they allow you to turn them as fast as you would like by foot or hand, depending on the style of merry-go-round you are riding.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Circular piece of wood (old dining room table top)
- Axle (computer chair bottom)
- Children's chairs
- Flat piece of wood
Sand and paint the table top.
Screw the bottoms of the children's chairs into the top of the table top, with the backs of the chairs against each other. This is where the children will sit while spinning. Make sure they are secure.
Place the table top over the bottom of the computer chair. Screw the table top securely into the computer chair bottom. Use a flat piece of wood to centre and make the table top more secure over the base.
Check all areas of the merry-go-round before placing anyone on it. Do a thorough walk-through, and spin it a few times before actually attempting to use it. It should not wobble out of place during this time. If it does, tighten the screws around the top of the table.
How to Build a Wooden Merry-Go-Round
Tips and warnings
- Make sure the merry-go-round is sturdy enough to hold children before using it. Adult supervision might be required during play.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for