Your free Hotmail account includes an inbox reading pane and an advertisement pane off to the side. When you open a message or click the navigation pane, you can close the accompanying advertisement from view. To view a more streamlined screen, try the Hotmail Plus version -- this paid version does not deliver graphical ads to your Hotmail page.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Other People Are Reading
Open your Hotmail inbox.
Point over the ad's lower right corner.
Click the "Close Ad" button. The advertisement disappears and the inbox reading pane expands.
Tips and warnings
- The ad box reappears when you click other links in the navigation pane or select other inbox messages.
- If you click the "Close "Ad" buttons 10 times, a popup window appears. The window message states, "Want fewer ads? Consider upgrading to Hotmail Plus. Among other benefits, there are no graphical ads. Learn more." Opt to apply and pay for this version of Hotmail if you do not want any ads to display.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for