Resin outdoor statues are decorative items used in gardens, yards and other outdoor spaces. The statues are made from epoxy plastic and come in a variety of different shapes and forms, including birdbaths, water fountains and stepping stones. Protecting resin outdoor statues requires just a few supplies.
- Skill level:
Things you need
- Rags or shop towels
- Warm water
- All-purpose household cleaner
- Scrub brush
Wipe the resin outdoor statue with a clean rag or shop towel to remove any loose dirt, dust and debris. Wear gloves to protect your hands.
Fill a bucket with warm water.
Spray some all-purpose household cleaner onto the resin outdoor statue. Cover the entire statue with cleaner. Let the cleaner stand for about 4 to 5 minutes.
Start scrubbing the statue with a brush to remove caked-on dirt and debris.
Rinse the statue with a clean rag or shop towel by dipping the rag in the bucket and wiping the all-purpose cleaner off with the rag. Continue until the statue is free of any cleaner.
Let the resin statue air dry before moving or placing it in another environment.
Repeat steps for other resin outdoor statues you need to clean.
Tips and warnings
- Bring your resin outdoor statues in to a garage or other enclosed space during the winter months if your area gets temperatures below freezing. Cold weather can cause the statues to crack unless they have some fibreglass in their composition. If you have any paperwork on your statues, check to see what the statues were manufactured out of to determine if fibreglass is present.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for