Taking good care of your PS3 Slim will keep it in working condition and prevent any early electronic failures. Although care is important for all electronics, it is even more critical for the PS3 Slim, due to its more compact shape. The electronics are closer together and cause heat to build up faster. Dust in the console can cause excess heat and damage the PS3 Slim, possibly rendering it unusable forever.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Can of compressed air
- Lambswool duster
- Lens cleaning cloth
- Microfiber cloth
Turn off the PS3 Slim. Clear a 3-inch space around the console. This will allow air to flow around the console and leave room for cleaning.
Blow compressed air through the vents on the front and sides of the PS3 Slim using the can of compressed air. Use 3 to 5 bursts of air lasting at least 10 seconds on each vent.
Wait 2 to 3 minutes for the dust to settle. Dust the console and surrounding area with the lambswool duster.
Wipe down the console with the microfiber cloth. Wipe down all discs with the lens cleaning cloth before putting any of them in the PS3. Repeat these steps at least once a week.
Tips and warnings
- After 4 hours of play, allow the PS3 Slim to rest for at least 20 minutes, before resuming play.
- If dust is caked around the vents you may need to use a vacuum cleaner to remove it.
- Do not use a high pressure air compressor to blow out the dust. This will damage the console.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for