With many advantages of an IP camera, it is becoming an increasingly popular choice. Switching from a USB camera to IP camera no longer includes discarding your USB camera. With IP camera software, you're able to make your USB camera work as an IP camera. With a few clicks of a mouse, you can be on your way to capturing quality video with an IP camera.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Internet connection
- Webcam monitor software
Open your web browser of choice and type "www.download.com" into the address bar of your browser.
Click on "Downloads" at the top of the Download.com home page.
Type in "WebCam Monitor" in the search bar located in the upper right corner of the screen.
Find "WebCam Monitor" on the download.com search results page. More than likely, it will be your first search result on the list.
Click on the "Download Now" button to the right side of the 'webcam Monitor" program.
Click on the "Save File" button when the "Opening wcm.exe" download box pop ups.
Plug in your USB camera into the PC USB port.
Locate the destination of the save program (wcm.exe) and double click on it.
Read the installation guide and follow the instructions. Within a few clicks, the program should be ready to go.
Open the "WebCam Monitor" program and click on "Add Camera." The "Webcam Monitor" camera wizard should show up within seconds.
Click on the "Next" button and select your USB Camera from the drop down list.
Click on the "Finish" button.
Tips and warnings
- The computer might not have recognised the camera, if the USB camera does not appear on the drop down list. Unplug and plug the USB camera back in to see if this resolves the problem.
- You might have to change the settings to get it right. Make sure you read the instructions and "Help" advice.
- Webcam Monitor is a two hour (recording time) trial run and has watermark videos.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for