Apple's warranty does not cover water damage to iPhones. This is why there is a water indicator found on the iPhone, and it is located inside the microphone jack. Apple can tell if an iPhone has suffered water damage by checking the colour of the litmus paper. If you send your phone in for repair and the paper is pink, they will void the warranty, even if the problem has nothing to do with water. There is a workaround for this, but it should be used at your own risk.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Cotton swab
- Isopropyl alcohol, 90 per cent or higher
Wet one end of a cotton swab with the alcohol. Make sure it is completely saturated.
Turn the iPhone upside down, and place the wet end of the swab directly over the headphone port.
Press gently until a small drop falls into the port. You may need to squeeze the tip, or spin it inside the hole.
Remove the cotton swab, and let the iPhone air dry for at least 10 minutes.
Tips and warnings
- Set your iPhone in a bowl of dry rice overnight if it has suffered actual water damage. The rice absorbs any excess moisture.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for