Pebeo sells a range of paints intended to make painting on all kinds of surfaces quick, clean and simple. The paints are available in opaque and transparent varieties, making them suitable for either fabric or glass painting. You also can paint on ceramics, metals or porcelain with Pebeo paints and bake the objects in a domestic oven to a hard, durable, dishwasher-safe finish.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Fabric or glass surface
- Pebeo paints
Lay your fabric on a flat surface and smooth out any wrinkles.
Trace the design onto the fabric, or if you're using a stencil, lay that in place.
Paint the colours you want onto the fabric using Pebeo Setacolor Opaque fabric paint or Pebeo Setacolor Transparent fabric paint. Use ordinary artist paint brushes.
Leave the painted fabric to dry for one hour before moving it. Fix the colour by ironing on the back of the fabric with a hot iron on the cotton setting.
Trace the design onto opaque hard surfaces such as porcelain, metal or wood. If you're painting on transparent glass, you can tape a design on paper behind the glass surface.
Paint the design onto the surface of your work using ordinary artist paint brushes and either Pebeo Vitrea 160 glass paint or Pebeo Porcelain 150 for porcelain and metal.
Allow the paint to dry completely for 24 hours, then bake in the oven at 325F for 40 minutes for a durable finish.
Tips and warnings
- Pebeo fabric paints can be used on all kinds of fabric, but wash them first to remove any lint or fabric finishes.
- Stir all Pebeo paints thoroughly before using them, and thin with Pebeo thinner if the paint seems too thick or you intend to apply the paint with airbrushing techniques.
- Pebeo also makes a range of pens with different sized tips to make painting outlines easier, as well as peelable glass paint, which can be peeled off glass objects or windows once it is dry. Use this to create transparent stickers that can be repositioned on objects such as windows, tiles or mirrors.
- Clean brushes in warm, soapy water after painting with Pebeo paints.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for