- Skill level:
- Moderately Challenging
Other People Are Reading
Open the OpenOffice.org Writer program. You find it by clicking the "Start" button and beginning to type "OpenOffice.org Writer"; once the program appears in the results, click on it.
Click the "File" menu near the top-left corner of the window and select "New," then "Templates and Documents."
Click the "Get more templates online..." link. This will launch your default web browser and take you to the "OpenOffice.org Templates" home page.
Type "Tri-Fold Brochure" in the search box near on the left and then click "Search."
Right-click on the "Use it!" button below the "Tri Fold Brochure" template. Select the option to save the file; most browsers say something similar to "Save target as" or "Save link as." You can save the template anywhere you want.
Click "File" in "OpenOffice.org Writer" and select "Templates...," then "Organize..." This opens the "Template Management" window.
Click "My Templates" ;then click "Command" and select "Import Template."
Navigate to the template you just downloaded. Select it and click "Open."
Click "Close" in the "Template Management" window. The brochure template is now in the list of OpenOffice templates you can use, and you can delete it from the location you saved it to.
Tips and warnings
- You can open the brochure template by clicking "File" and selecting "New," then "Templates and Documents," then "Templates," then "My Templates."
- If you only want to use the brochure template a single time, you don't need to use the "Template Management" section of OpenOffice.org Writer; just double-click on the file itself. It will open in OpenOffice.org Writer, but it won't be added to your list of templates.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for