Zen Cart provides an open-source software solution for webmasters who cannot afford pricey e-commerce software. In order to promote awareness of its product, Zen Cart automatically adds a link to its website within the footer of each Zen Cart installation, as well as the text "Powered by Zen Cart." You may find this to be unprofessional or to detract from the overall look and feel of your website and wish to remove it. Fortunately, you can remove the text without disabling your website in the process.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- FTP client
Open your FTP client, and log in to the root folder of your Zen Cart installation.
Double-click on the "Includes" folder.
Double-click on the "Languages" folder.
Locate and right-click the "english.php" file, and select "Edit" from the available options.
Locate line #16, which begins with the following line of code:
Highlight the following text with your mouse:
<a href="' . zen_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT) . '" target="_blank">' . STORE_NAME . '</a>. Powered by <a href="http://www.zen-cart.com" target="_blank">Zen Cart</a>
Delete the text and save changes to the "english.php" file. Ensure that the changes are re-uploaded via FTP.
Refresh your store's home page to verify that the text is no longer there.
Tips and warnings
- You can replace the text "Powered by Zen Cart" with your store's name or anything else you want.
- Zen Cart does not allow you to remove "Powered By Zen Cart" if you are using a stock template or graphics from the original installation. Also, if you wish to have your online store listed in the Zen Cart Showcase, you cannot remove the branding text.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for