Strobe lights, the bright flashing lights known for their frequent use in night clubs and in emergency vehicles, are sought after for a number of entertainment as well as professional purposes. But they can sometimes be quite expensive compared to a homemade alternative. While there are many ways to make a strobe light at home completely from scratch, if you have the time to wait for products to be shipped to you, by far the simplest means of creating a homemade strobe light is by buying a strobe box plug adaptor and connecting it to a bright lamp in your house.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Strobe box plug adaptor
- A lamp bright enough to fit your taste
Type in "make any light a strobe light" to a search bar and then go to the houseofrave website selling the adaptor and buy it.
Once you receive the strobe box wall adaptor, choose a lamp in your house bright enough to serve as your strobe. The strobe box plug adaptor will work with older fluorescent or incandescent bulbs as well as LED bulbs, but there are pros and cons to using all three. The older bulbs will burn out more quickly and use more energy than the LEDs (the incandescents being particularly inefficient). On the other hand, a single LED may not be bright enough and will be more expensive to buy and replace.
Plug your lamp into the strobe box plug adaptor, and then plug the adaptor into a wall socket.
Turn on your lamp and adjust the knob on you strobe box wall adaptor to set the speed of the flashes. Just like that, you've got yourself a simple homemade strobe light ready for use wherever you have a wall socket and electricity!
The Easiest Homemade Strobe Light
Tips and warnings
- Be sure to have an extra bulb on hand when using your homemade strobe light, in case your first bulb burns out!
- Some bulbs can get very hot after prolonged use, so be wary of the heat build-up when using your strobe light!
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for