"The Sims 3" is a life-simulation game that allows players to create their own virtual family of characters, known as Sims. Players are given the tools to customise every aspect of their Sims, from their personality traits to their physical attributes. "The Sims 3" features multiple hairstyle options so that players can make truly unique Sims. Hairstyle options vary depending on the age and gender of the Sims, and all elder Sims have grey hair by default, though you may dye your Sim's hair at any point during the game.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Enter into Create-a-Sim mode by starting a new game. If you already have a game started, click on a mirror and select "Change Appearance" to bring up the hairstyle options.
Select among hairstyles with accessories, such as hats and ponytail holders, or hairstyles without accessories.
Choose a hairstyle from the hair menu of your choice. Use the zoom and rotation controls to look at your Sim from multiple angles and choose the best hairstyle.
Select a colour for your Sim's hair from the preselected options or click the paint brush icon to bring up the customisation menu. The hair colour customisation menu allows you to choose the colour of your Sim's roots, highlights, base colour and tips. Experiment with different colour combinations until you are satisfied.
Select facial hair options for male Sims, including sideburns, moustaches and beards. The colour of your Sim's facial hair also can be customised or you can set all hair colour to match from the hair option menu.
Save your Sim's hairstyle and continue the character creation process or return to the game.
Tips and warnings
- Press the lock icon to toggle hairstyle lock. Without hairstyle lock, your Sim can have a different hairstyle for each outfit. This option is available only when you initially create a Sim.
- Sim hairstyles are never permanent and can be changed whenever you like by clicking on a mirror in the Sim's home.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for