Whether you're a busy traveller or just travel once a year, your suitcase could probably use some refreshment. You can do a number of things to freshen the scent of your suitcase, using items found right in your home.
- Skill level:
Things you need
- One or more sachets of potpourri
- One bottle of perfume or body spray
- One or more dryer sheets
Purchase one or more sachets of potpourri from a local store or from an online store.
Place the sachet inside the suitcase before you put clothes or other items in the suitcase, ideally in the corners of the suitcase.
Replace the sachets every six months to make sure the scent stays fresh.
Empty out the suitcase completely.
Spray the inside of the suitcase with a few spritzes of your favourite perfume or body spray.
Let the excess residue dry with the suitcase open overnight.
Empty the suitcase and rub one or more dryer sheets all over the interior of the suitcase.
Line the inside of the suitcase with fresh dryer sheets.
Place clothes and other items you are packing on top of the dryer sheets to keep the fresh scent.
Tips and warnings
- If a suitcase is really smelly, it might be time to throw it out and get a new one. You could also try bringing your suitcase to a dry cleaner for a professional cleaning.
- Make sure to use colourless fragrances only, so clothes do not become stained or discoloured.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for