If you want to add a phpBB3 forum to a Joomla! website -- but you're not a technical wizard -- don't feel that you have to hire a Web developer. You can use jFusion to integrate the phpBB3 into your Joomla! site seamlessly without knowing any programming.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
Log in to Joomla! and go to the configuration page for JFusion. Select the "Wizard" option next to phpBB. Look for a round, green "Play" button.
Input the full path of phpBB ("/home/jsmith/public_html/phpbb," where "jsmith" is your user name. Contact your host if you're not sure since the full path will be different for each installation) into the field "What is the full path to the software you want JFusion to integrate?"
Save your options once the plugin shows "Good Config" for phpBB3.
Select "usergroup options" (explained on the page) and Master/Slave to edit user options. If you select phpBB as the master, users will log in to the forum, which passes their details to Joomla!. If you select phpBB as the slave, users will log in to Joomla!, which passes their details to phpBB.
Synchronise users with phpBB (if you already have users in Joomla!). Follow the directions on the synchronise page.
Click "Enable JFusion Plugins."
Tips and warnings
- Reference the user manuals for phpBB, Joomla! and JFusion.
- Check to be sure you have set all options correctly.
- Consult the forums on software sites if you have questions.
- If you are unsure of the way in which Joomla! and phpBB work, leave this integration to a professional.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for