Gigabyte's EasyTune 5 utility allows you to set the fan speed for your central processing unit (CPU) -- which includes overclocking it -- and view information about your Gigabyte motherboard. You can use the application's Smart Fan control panel to adjust your CPU fan speed. Smart Fan specifies different fan speeds your motherboard uses depending on the temperature range at which it's running. You can use this feature to set slower speeds at lower temperatures and higher speeds at more elevated temperatures.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Open EasyTune 5 by clicking "Start > All Programs," selecting the "Gigabyte" folder, then selecting the "EasyTune 5" folder and clicking the "EasyTune 5" shortcut.
Click the "Smart Fan" button near the lower right corner of the EasyTune 5 window.
Click "C" or "F" to specify whether temperatures display as Celsius or Fahrenheit.
Click the arrows to the right of the box under "CPU Fan Settings" to select a base fan speed. The speed you specify is a percentage of the maximum speed.
Adjust the fan speeds and temperatures. Click the arrows to the right of each box; each fan speed corresponds to the minimum temperature in the box on the right.
Click "OK" to save your settings.
Tips and warnings
- If you don't have EasyTune 5 installed, you can download and install it from the Gigabyte Motherboard Utility download page at Gigabyte.com.
- Click "Load Default" at the bottom of the Smart Fan screen to reload default fan speed settings.
- Gigabyte recommends setting the CPU fan speed to run at 100 per cent above 60 degrees Celsius. Your CPU may overheat if you specify a lower speed above this temperature.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for