Provide your customers and staff with a fast and hygienic method of hand drying by installing a Dyson Airblade machine. These modern hand dryers are energy efficient and, not only will you be providing a machine that filters out 99.9 per cent of bacteria -- running costs are significantly less than traditional hand drying methods -- thus saving you money. By following the straightforward installation directions together with the mounting template, your airblade will be operational in no time.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Challenging
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Owner's operation manual
- Installation template
- Electric drill and appropriate bits
- Phillips screwdriver
- Pencil or marking tool
- Appropriate electrical fittings
- 6 0.25-inch screws, toggle or masonry bolts and appropriate fittings.
Turn off the electrical supply. Choose a suitable location on a flat wall and place the installation template in position, following the height recommendations described in the owner's manual. Ensure it is square; using the level.
Mark the six mounting holes then drill them. Mark and drill the hole for the electrical connection. Install the electrical conduit and wire.
Fix the mounting plate securely in position using 0.25-inch fixtures.
Lay the airblade unit face up and remove the fascia fixing screws. Refer to the owner's manual for specific directions. Remove the fascia cover.
Knock out the appropriate electrical inlet hole from the back plate of the airblade. Install the electrical unit according to the manufacturer's directions, then connect the terminal blocks.
Hang the airblade onto the mounting plate then screw it securely to the wall using the four fixing holes and fixtures.
Replace the fascia cover and secure with the tamper-proof fittings.
Switch on the electrical supply and test the unit by placing your hands between the two airblades. The airflow should start immediately.
Tips and warnings
- Refer to the owner's manual and installation guide if the unit fails to operate. Always refer to a qualified electrician, when installing any electrical device.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for