Ustream is a webcam-based broadcasting service that also boasts a desktop application for broadcasting full-screen games. This application, called Ustream Producer, lets users stream full-screen 3D games with minimal set-up. If you want to start streaming full-screen games, Producer lets you do so in a few simple steps.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Things you need
- Ustream account
- Administrator privileges
Navigate to the "Products & Services" link at the bottom of the Ustream website. Click on the "Producer and Producer Pro" link.
Download Ustream Producer and install the application with default settings.
Start Ustream Producer and login with your Ustream account. To stream a full-screen game, click on the "Screencast" button. A box should pop up. Set the "Source" to "Main Display" and the "Selection" to "Full Screen." Check the box marked "3D Compatibility" and minimise that window.
Click the "Broadcast" button on the lower-right of the Producer window. You are now broadcasting your screen and may start your full-screen game.
Tips and warnings
- Another option is to start the game first, then try setting the "Source" to "Window" and the "Selection" to the name of your game.
- If you have a widescreen display, change the aspect ratio of the stream through "Settings" in the Producer window.
- Streaming slows down computers and frame-rates.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for