DST is an image format that embroidery machines use to make images on clothing such as T-shirts, jackets and hats. To transfer an image, it must be digitised and saved into a .dst file. If you have an image that is a .PNG format, which is a common image format type, you will need to change it to .dst for the embroidery machine to read the image and transfer it correctly onto the clothing.
- Skill level:
Things you need
- Original image
- Image editing software
- Embroidery Software
Create the image that you want embroidered onto a clothing item. Save it as .png in your image editing software.
Open your Embroidery software and select "file open" from the drop down menu. Find the file you created.
Select "save as" and save it as a .dst file.
Tips and warnings
- Create your images with the embroidery software to cut out steps.
- Creating images in your image editing software might be easier than using the embroidery software.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for