Hair texturizers are cream chemical products that loosen the natural curl pattern of an individual's hair without completely straightening it. This process creates smoother, softer curls that are easy to manage, comb and style. The "Just For Me" brand texture softener is a mild texturizer that is made especially for children ages 5 and up. This product features a sunflower oil formula that gently detangles, softens and smooths the hair while maintaining its natural texture. Just For Me is easy to apply and lasts for 10 to 12 weeks.
Things you need
Pour the bottle of Forest Green Liquid Activator into the Texture Softener cream jar.
Use the included spatula to mix the two chemicals together well. The formula should turn a light shade of green, indicating the cream is properly mixed.
Pour half of the Anti-Breakage Sunflower Oil into the cream mixture. Mix thoroughly for one to three minutes, or until you attain a creamy texture.
Apply a small amount of the mixed softener to your child's inner elbow to test for allergic reaction. Leave the formula on for two to three minutes, then wash it off. Check her arm for any signs of an allergic reaction.
Separate several strands of hair near the bottom of the neck using the wide-toothed comb to perform a strand test. Apply a small amount of the cream mixture to the separated hair. Allow the strands of hair to soften for four to five minutes, then rinse with warm water. Apply a small amount of the Color Code Neutralizing shampoo to the softened hair, lather and rinse out completely. Examine the softened hair. Do not use the texturizer if the hair shows any signs of breakage or damage.
Pour the other half of the Anti-Breakage Sunflower Oil into the palms of your hands. Start at the base of the scalp, and distribute the oil throughout the hair. Completely saturate the hair, paying extra attention to the hair ends. Then use the wide-toothed comb to detangle the hair, from the ends up to the scalp.
Part the hair into four even sections and secure them using hair clamps. Place a towel over your child's shoulders, and put on a pair of rubber gloves to protect from accidental contact with the chemicals.
Part off a 1-inch section of hair from the left back section. Dip the wide-toothed comb into the texturizer. Start 1 inch away from the scalp, and apply the cream to the parted hair. Use a damp cloth to wipe away any cream that comes in contact with the skin.
Continue parting the hair into 1-inch sections. Apply an adequate amount of cream to the partings. Repeat this process for all four parted sections.
Return to the left back section of hair where you first applied the cream. Gently comb all the way through the hair. Repeat this for all four partings. Apply any extra texturizer to the hairline as desired. Allow the texturizer to set and soften fine hair for five to six minutes, medium hair for five to eight minutes and coarse to kinky hair for seven to nine minutes. Meanwhile, rinse the cream from the comb, and discard the gloves as well as any remaining cream.
Rinse the hair completely with lukewarm water once you reach the recommended time. Start at the nape of the neck, then work your way out. Gently remove the cream from the forehead, neck and ears. Apply the Color Code Neutralizing shampoo to the wet hair. Saturate all the hair from the scalp to the ends. Get around the ears, neck and forehead as well. Work the shampoo into a good lather. If the lather turns pink, it means there is still cream in the hair. Rinse and repeat until the lather turns white, indicating all the cream has been removed. Rinse the hair thoroughly, or until the water runs clear. Apply the Hair Moisturizing Complex conditioner, leave in for three to five minutes, then rinse completely.
- Do not apply the texturizer to hair that has been permed with ammonium thiogylocolate, or bleached hair. Do not use the texturizer if there are any cuts or abrasions on the skin and scalp. Do not scratch the scalp prior to application. Do not use the texturizer on hair that has been shampooed in the last 48 hours. Do not colour hair for two weeks after you apply the texturizer. Do not pull, stretch or comb hair during application. Do not repeat the application before eight weeks. Do not apply to damaged hair.
Tips and Warnings
- Do not apply the texturizer to hair that has been permed with ammonium thiogylocolate, or bleached hair.
- Do not use the texturizer if there are any cuts or abrasions on the skin and scalp.
- Do not scratch the scalp prior to application.
- Do not use the texturizer on hair that has been shampooed in the last 48 hours.
- Do not colour hair for two weeks after you apply the texturizer.
- Do not pull, stretch or comb hair during application.
- Do not repeat the application before eight weeks.
- Do not apply to damaged hair.
Things you need
- Wide-toothed comb
- Hair clamps
- Rubber gloves