Bibs are an important part of a baby's life. Whether it's used when drinking their bottle, eating or to catch the dreaded teething drool, some babies can easily be in bibs all day long. Bandanna bibs require little sewing skill to make, they are inexpensive and they look a bit more stylish than your typical bib. You can make them using every material design you want, one for every day.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Things you need
- Two pieces of material
- Tape measure
- Sewing machine or needle and thread
- hook and loop material
Measure and cut two triangles of material, both 17-by-12-by-12 inches. One piece should be an absorbent material such as flannel. The second piece, which is for the front of the bib, can be any material you like.
Hem all three edges of the triangle that will be the back of the bib.
Pin the two pieces of material together, right sides facing in.
Sew together with a straight stitch using a sewing machine. Leave 2 inches open on one of the flat sides.
Turn the triangle right side out by pulling the material through the area you left open. Pull the corners out completely.
Sew around the entire perimeter of the triangle, approximately 1/2 inch from the sides.
Sew a 2-inch strip of hook and loop material (either the hook side or the loop side) to the front right corner, along the 17-inch-long side.
Sew a 2-inch strip of the attaching side of the hook and loop (whichever side you didn't sew in step 7) to the back left corner along the 17-inch long side.
Tips and warnings
- Use oilcloth for the front of the bib. It wipes off easily and will save you having to wash the bib as often.
- You can a button or snap in place of the Velcro. Sew the button to the front on one corner, line up where the button hole should be, cut through both pieces of material and then sew around the edges. For snaps, you'll need a machine that can press snaps in place.
- Make the bib look like a real bandanna by using a bandanna for your material.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for