A small photographic image that measures only 2x2 inches is easy to print out. In fact, if the original file size measures exactly 2x2 inches, the process is quite quick. If you need to resize the image to 2x2 inches, you need an image-editing program. Keep in mind what image quality you require, and that a medium to high-resolution file is necessary to create an acceptable image for such purposes as a United States passport photograph.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Photographic printing paper
Open the image file in an image-editing program by clicking "File," "Open" and selecting it from its folder.
Open the Image Options within your program. Enter an image size of 2x2 inches if the file is not already this size. Click "OK."
Use a crop tool to select a 2x2-inch portion of a larger image, if necessary. Draw a box with the tool and press "Enter" to crop.
Click "File" and "Print" to begin the printing process.
Select your printer from the listed choices. Choose the paper type and image quality. The highest quality is best for a photographic image. The image placement will likely default to the centre of the paper, though you should be able to specify borders to move the location of the image on the paper, if necessary.
Load paper into your printer and click "Print." Check the photo for desired quality and repeat the process with changes, if necessary.
Tips and warnings
- The resolution of a high-quality photograph should be at least 150 ppi, or pixels per inch, or 300 ppi, if possible. Increasing resolution decreases image size, so if your original file size is not large enough to print at this resolution, you may need to reshoot or re-scan.
- If the 2x2 photograph is for a passport photo, research the necessary requirements, such as the proportion of the head to the whole image, before cropping and printing the image.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for