Zedge offers a variety of free downloads for mobile phones. You can personalise your phone by downloading a wallpaper or theme from the website. The site can be accessed from any computer, and it allows you to either send a link to your phone or download files directly to your PC. Downloaded items can then be transferred from PC to phone. You can also access the Zedge mobile site from your phone's browser, enabling you to download content directly to your phone. Your carrier may charge a fee for mobile Web browsing.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Point your browser to zedge.net. Click the "No Phone Selected" icon near the top right side of the page. Click the drop-down box to select your phone's brand and model. Click the "Select Phone" button.
Click the "Wallpapers" or "Themes" header, located near the centre of the page. Choose "Browse Wallpapers" or "Browse Themes" to browse available downloads. You can look through all items or narrow results by clicking on a category on the left side of the page.
Click the item you wish to download. Choose "Mobile Web" to download directly to your phone and follow the on-screen instructions to enter the zCode for your item. Choose "PC Download" to download the item to your computer. You will then need to transfer the file to your phone using a cable and data transfer software or Bluetooth, depending on your computer and phone capabilities.
From Your Computer
Open your phone's Web browser and type m.zedge.net into the address bar. The Zedge mobile page will load.
Click the "Wallpapers" or "Themes" link.
Browse through the available downloads, or narrow your search by clicking on a category.
Click the desired item to view it in a larger size. Click the "Download" button to download the item to your phone.
From Your Phone
Tips and warnings
- Not all phones are compatible with themes.
- Downloaded items will be stored in your phone's media or wallpapers folder, where you can set the item as your background or theme.
- When accessing the mobile site on an Android device, you will be redirected to Zedge's mobile app. Follow the links to download the application to your phone, then open and search for items.
- Downloading a wallpaper or theme can use a large amount of data. If you are unsure of your data plan allowances, use the link in the Resources section to contact your carrier.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for