If you have braids or dreadlocks, you may not wash your hair every day. Braided and locked hair often takes much longer to dry than hair that is not tightly bound together, making a daily shampoo impractical. To keep your hair from smelling musty and your scalp from feeling itchy, you can spritz it between washes with a cooling, homemade refresher spray. Essential oils soothe the sensitive skin of your scalp while imparting a fresh, clean smell to your locks or braids.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- 1 cup bottled water
- 2 tablespoons dried rosemary
- 10 drops tea tree oil
- 5 drops peppermint oil
- 5 drops lavender oil
- Spray bottle
- Coffee filter
Pour 1 cup of bottled water into a saucepan.
Add 2 tablespoons of dried rosemary leaves to the water and bring it to a boil. Reduce the heat to a simmer and leave the pan on the stove for 10 minutes.
Remove the pan from the stove and allow the water to cool.
Unscrew the sprayer from a spray bottle. Insert a funnel into the bottle opening and line the funnel with a coffee filter.
Pour the water through the funnel and into the spray bottle. The coffee filter will strain out the rosemary leaves.
Add 10 drops of tea tree oil, 5 drops of peppermint oil and 5 drops of lavender oil to the water in the spray bottle. Replace the sprayer and shake the bottle well to mix your braid and lock refresher spray.
Tips and warnings
- Store the bottle in the refrigerator between uses. It will prolong the freshness of the spray, and the coldness will help soothe an itchy scalp.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for
- The Dread Queen: Dread Recipes
- Dread Goddess: Dread Maintenance
- My Dreadlocks: It's Tea Time: Dreadlock Hair Tea As Part of Your Maintenance Routine Important dreadlocks information for you can be found here http://www.mydreadlocks.com/dreadlock-hair-tea.html#ixzz1QEeUz75E ...Because You've Got To Look Good Between Hair Salon Visits Under Creative Commons License: Attribution No Derivatives