Scotchgard, manufactured by 3M, is a fabric, carpet, upholstery, apparel, automotive and floor cleaner and protectant. If you would like to remove a stain off your couch's fabric or clean the complete surface of your couch, Scotchgard has a variety of fabric and upholstery cleaners available for you to use. Scotchgard also has a protectant that should prevent stains from forming again or future stains from happening.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Other People Are Reading
Read the instructions and warnings labels on your Scotchgard can. Ensure that the product is safe to use on your couch's fabric.
Shake the can in an upright position.
Remove the cushions from your couch.
Spray your can of Scotchgard in an even sweeping motion across the body of the couch. Cover all areas of the fabric, including the cushions that you removed.
Replace the cushions, and allow the Scotchgard spray to air-dry. Depending on the severity of stains, your couch may take anywhere from 20 minutes to a few hours to air dry. If you are simply spraying the couch in a sweeping motion, it should dry in under an hour. For severe stains that you are spraying directly, it may take a few hours to dry. Some Scotchgard products may instruct you to blot any stained areas with a lint-free cloth, so follow the specific instructions on the can's label.
Tips and warnings
- Spray stains directly and follow the instructions on the can. It may or may not require you to blot the stain with a lint-free cloth.
- Wash your hands immediately after use to prevent the product from entering your eyes.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for