Whipping cream is one of the fattier versions of cream that you can buy. Cream is defined based on the fat content. The more fat in the cream, the easier the cream is to whip to use on desserts and in other dishes. When you need to thicken whipping cream, you will want to use either light or heavy whipping cream. Light whipping cream is 30 per cent to 36 per cent fat while double cream has at least a 36 per cent fat. Thickening whipping cream is a quick process and you should keep the cream refrigerated until you are ready to use it.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Electric mixer
- Whisk attachment
- Whipping cream
Use a whisk attachment on an electric mixer.
Pour the cream into the bowl and turn the mixer on to medium speed.
Whip for three to four minutes or until soft peaks form.
Keep refrigerated until use.
Tips and warnings
- Add 1 tbsp of dry milk (preferably nonfat) for 237 ml (1 cup) of whipping cream. Continue whipping the cream as normal and the dry milk powder helps thicken the cream.
- Use a cold bowl. If whipping cream is warm, it has trouble thickening. Put the bowl you will be using in the freezer for about 30 minutes before you need to thicken the whipping cream so it will be cold when you use it.
- Add Whip It. Whip It is a product that is used specifically to help stabilise whipping cream. You can find it a supermarkets or through Amazon.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for