Tacky glue is a nontoxic glue often used for craft projects. Tacky glue dries clear and is flexible, making it perfect for homemade creations. Tacky glue can be used to adhere objects together or to create a shiny varnish on a completed craft. You can make your own tacky glue using products available in your kitchen.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Heatproof bowl
- Nonflavored gelatin
- Resealable, heatproof jar
Bring a saucepan of water to a boil over high heat.
Pour 3 tbsp boiling water into a heatproof bowl. Add 1 package (7.09gr.) of nonflavored gelatin. Mix the gelatin with the spoon until it is dissolved.
Add 1 tbsp vinegar and 1 tsp glycerine to the gelatin mixture. Stir the ingredients until they are completely blended.
Pour the contents of the bowl into a resealable, heatproof jar. You will have approximately 1/3 c. tacky glue.
Tips and warnings
- Apply the glue with a small brush while it is still warm.
- Use the glue to bind fabric to cardboard when making a craft project.
- The glue will gel when it has cooled. Run it under hot water to return it to a liquid state.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for