Concrete is softened typically before removal from tools, trucks, machinery or other surfaces where it has adhered during construction. While new concrete, that which has been left to cure or dry for less than 48 hours, can be softened, most concrete allowed to cure for more than two days cannot be softened for easy removal and will have to be broken up. Softening concrete helps to ensure fast, effective removal without damaging surfaces or machinery.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Pressurised water hose
- Cold water
- Spray bottle or bucket
- Liquid concrete removal compound
Remove all loose concrete. If there is any dried or loosened concrete on the surface of the area, tool, or machinery, remove that by hand before applying the softening agent.
Spray the concrete with highly pressurised cold water. The cold water helps to clean any dirt or other debris from the concrete as well as to remove any lingering bits of hardened, loose concrete. Allow the area to completely dry.
Spray with softening agent. The softening agent can be placed in a spray bottle for ease of application or the area can be soaked to help soften harder pieces. Do not dilute the softening compound unless instructed by product directions.
Remove the softened concrete. Older concrete may require the use of tools to completely remove. Reapply the softening compound to continue loosening built up concrete.
Tips and warnings
- Many concrete softening products can be used to help prevent build-up on tools and machinery.
- Soak tools and other smaller objects that have build-up on them in the softening agent for up to two days before attempting to remove the softened concrete.
- Do not attempt to immediately remove concrete after applying the softening agent. Allow it to sit at least overnight before attempting removal.
- Concrete softening compound may not work on fully hardened concrete.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for