Using Danish oil is a great way to finish your hardwood floors or furniture as it will add rich lustre and a protective finish to your hardwood. While it is not difficult to find the oil in most home improvement stores, you can make your own Danish oil using an easy homemade recipe that requires only three basic ingredients.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- 2 gallon plastic container
- Paint strainer
- 6 cups varnish
- 6 cups white spirit
- 6 cups teak oil
- Wooden mixing stick
Cover a 2 gallon plastic container with a paint strainer.
Pour 6 cups varnish into the plastic container.
Add 6 cups white spirit to the container.
Pour 6 cups teak oil in to the container.
Use a wooden mixing stick to blend the ingredients.
Apply as usual.
Tips and warnings
- If you do not have access to teak oil, boiled linseed oil can be used as a substitute.
- To avoid dangerous fumes, be sure to work in an area that is well ventilated.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for