ESET Smart Security is a full suite of security applications that protect your computer from malware and other threats. This suite contains a firewall that controls traffic to and from the Internet. This firewall with pop up a notification screen each time a program attempts to access the Internet. If you wish to block a program from accessing the Internet, you'll simply have to deny its request to connect. You can even opt to have the firewall remember your selection to permanently deny the program access.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Launch an application that you wish to deny access to the Internet. When it tries to connect, ESET will pop up a notification.
Click "Deny." ESET will stop the application from connecting to the Internet for the current instance of the application.
Shut down the program and start it again. This time, when the ESET Smart Security window pops up, click "Remember Action." Click "Deny" to permanently deny access to the Internet for this application.
Tips and warnings
- When you update an application, you're firewall will lose its saved information about it. You'll have to deny its access again.
- Some application must connect to the Internet to download important updates. Do not block an application unless you are sure you must.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for