Like many other laptop manufacturers, ASUS includes built-in webcams in most of the notebook computers it produces. ASUS uses webcams produced by several third-party manufacturers in the laptops it produces, and sometimes uses different camera makers for different revisions of the same model notebook. ASUS includes drivers for the built-in webcam with the resource CD that ships with all of the company's laptop computers. However, if you lose the CD, you must download the correct webcam driver from the ASUS Support website.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Laptop user guide or manual
Navigate to the ASUS.com portal website. Position the mouse cursor over the "American Region" link, then click "United States."
Click the "Service" link, then "Support."
Position the mouse over the "Downloads" link on the ASUS North America Service site, then click "ASUS Drivers."
Click the "Model Automatic Search" button if connecting to the site with your ASUS laptop. Otherwise, enter the model number of your ASUS laptop in the "Model Name Search" field, then click "Model Search." If you do not know the model number of your ASUS laptop, refer to the user guide for the computer or look for a sticker that displays the information on the bottom of the notebook.
Click the model number on the results page. Click and select your version of Windows in the "OS" drop-down box.
Click the "Drivers" link and then "Webcam" or "Integrated Web Camera." Click the "Global" link.
Select a folder in which to save the webcam driver on your PC. Click the "OK" or "Save" button to download the driver file to the selected folder.
Click "Start," then "Computer." Browse to the folder where you saved the webcam driver. Double-click the file, then follow the on-screen instructions to install the driver on your ASUS laptop. Restart the laptop if prompted to do so.
Tips and warnings
- If your ASUS laptop has Windows 7 installed, you do not need an ASUS driver in many cases. Windows 7 has many built-in drivers for popular webcams -- both standalone and integrated models. However, if your ASUS laptop has Windows XP or Windows Vista installed, the driver from the ASUS website is usually the best choice.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for