If someone on your Skype list annoys you and you have no interest in speaking to him again, you can block him permanently. Simply right-click his name in your contact list, select "Block this person" and then click "Block." Avoiding someone temporarily is a more delicate situation, however. Instead of blocking a contact and then trying to remember to unblock him later, take advantage of Skype's status options. One of these options allows you to hide when you do not wish to be bothered.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Other People Are Reading
Sign in to your Skype account. The contact from whom you wish to hide may see you come online. Unfortunately, you have no recourse in this matter; Skype does not offer a way to sign in anonymously.
Click the Skype icon immediately to the left of your Skype name near the top of Skype's left panel. If you have not changed your status before, this icon is green with a white check mark inside. This opens a list of status options.
Click the "Invisible" option in this list. In this option, the Skype icon is white with a green border, which is the same as it is for the "Offline" option. To your contacts, you are now hidden, as it appears that you have gone offline.
Tips and warnings
- If you want to communicate with a Skype contact while you are in "Invisible" mode, don't forget to contact him first so he knows you are actually online.
- A Skype-savvy user can tell that you are online even if you are invisible. When you send a message to someone who is actually offline, a black line travelling in a circle appears to the far left of the message. When you send a message to someone who is simply invisible (or to someone who is clearly online), this does not appear.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for