You don't have to shave your beard off if you notice a lot of grey hairs growing. If you decide having a grey beard makes you appear too old and distinguished, you can get rid of the grey hairs by dying it. You can go to a barber shop and have a barber dye your beard for you. However, having a professional do it is quite expensive. Instead, save money by purchasing an inexpensive facial hair colouring kit at a supermarket or chemist.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Facial hair dye kit
Prepare the facial hair dye kit according to the directions in the packaging. Wear protective clothing and gloves to avoid staining.
Apply a generous amount of petroleum jelly or baby oil onto the skin surrounding your beard. This will prevent the facial hair dye from dying your skin.
Apply the facial hair dye evenly to your beard using the applicator stick or brush that came with the kit. Leave the dye in your beard for about 10 to 15 minutes or according to the directions in the packaging.
Lean over a sink and wash your beard thoroughly under running water. Pat your beard dry with a clean dry towel.
Tips and warnings
- Make sure to choose the right facial hair dye colour for your beard.
- Do not use hair dye meant for the hair on your head, as the chemicals in these products cannot handle tougher facial hair.
- Stand in front of a mirror so you can see what you're doing.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for