Sonic the Hedgehog --- the mascot of Sega --- is a popular character who was invented by Yuji Naka in 1991. Since then he has starred in several video games, animated series, comic books and animated films and gained fans around the world. Creating your own fan character is a fun, creative way to show how big a fan you are of Sonic the Hedgehog and the Sonic Universe.
- Skill level:
Things you need
- Pictures of Sonic characters
Study existing Sonic characters. Look at pictures of official Sonic characters to determine the proper proportions and style in which to draw your own character. Study female characters such as Amy Rose, Sonia the Hedgehog, Rouge, Sally Acorn, Blaze the Cat, Cream the Rabbit and Tikal the Echidna.
Plan your design. Decide what animal you want your character to be, her age, name and what kind of clothing she should wear.
Sketch the pose, being careful to get the proportions right.
Draw your character on top of the sketch, keeping your lines rough, light and loose so that you can easily correct mistakes with your eraser. Refer to your pictures of Sonic characters often.
Refine your drawing. Erase unnecessary lines and marks and darken those you want until your drawing is clean and clear.
Trace your pencil lines with a fine-point pen. Allow the ink to dry and erase the pencil lines.
Tips and warnings
- Colour your new Sonic character using the media of your choice.
- If you are not an experienced artist, creating a Sonic character can take a lot of practice. Be patient and keep trying if you are having trouble.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for