BitDefender Online Scanner scans your computer for viruses and other malware and cleans them directly from Internet Explorer. BitDefender Online Scanner opens in a separate window when you start it from its Web page. If you have a pop-up blocker running on your computer, nothing may happen when you click the "Start Scanner" button on the Web page. You can open BitDefender Online Scanner by disabling your pop-up blocker before continuing.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Press "Alt" to reveal the menu if it's hidden.
Click the "Tools" menu.
Point to "Pop-up Blocker."
Select "Disable Pop-up Blocker" in the menu.
Locate the Google Toolbar at the top of the Internet Explorer window if it's installed. This toolbar displays a Google logo at its left side.
Locate "# Blocked" on the Google Toolbar. The number indicates the number of blocked pop-ups.
Click the "# Blocked" button on the toolbar.
Locate the Yahoo! Toolbar at the top of the Internet Explore window if it's installed. It displays a Yahoo! logo at its left side.
Click the "Pop-up Blocker" menu icon on the Yahoo toolbar.
Uncheck "Enable Pop-up Blocker" in the menu by clicking it.
Tips and warnings
- Re-enable your pop-up blocker after using BitDefender Online Scanner to avoid advertisement pop-ups on other websites.
- You may have a pop-up blocker installed that isn't mentioned here. Examine any toolbars at the top of your Internet Explorer Web browser window for indications such as "Pop-ups Blocked" or "Blocked." Click the "Blocked" button on the toolbar to configure the pop-up blocker.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for