Drinking water is one way to stay hydrated and support overall good health. Using aluminium sports bottles is one way to save money, as the cost of constantly buying bottled water can get add up. Though aluminium bottles come in various patterns and colours, you can further personalise a bottle to make the style match your personality. Using a little bit of creativity and some easy to access supplies, you have a customised sports bottle in no time.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Aluminium sports bottle
- Paper towels
- Hot glue gun or crazy glue
Purchase an aluminium sports bottle to personalise. Opt for a less expensive, plain version if you will be decorating the bottle with more than just your name. Decide if you are going to personalise the bottle with just your name, initials or if you will be adding decorations.
Use a white piece of paper and coloured pencils to sketch out a design for the bottle. If you are personalising the bottle with your name, start your drawing by getting your name sketched out first and then work with other decorations around your name. Use a large sheet of paper for this step and trace the bottle outline to get the sizing right.
Play around with different colour combinations. For example, if you will be spelling your name out in bright pink, draw flowers and butterflies in greens and purples to see how the colours look together. If you are having difficulty envisioning what the design and colours will look like on the actual bottle, shade in your drawing to resemble the bottle colour.
Use letter stickers or print out your name on sticker sheets using the font of your choice. You can also cut out letters for your name using plastic which is water resistant. Apply the letters to the bottle, making sure the surface is clean and dry. Place a dab of glue on the back of all letters, including those with a sticky backing to help ensure the letters stay in place.
Add extra embellishments and decorations to the rest of the bottle. Use rhinestones, stickers, beads, pieces of laminated paper or sequins to create an overall design. Make sure that all items glued on to the water bottle dry thoroughly and shake the bottle to make sure nothing falls off.
Use a permanent marker, available in an assortment of colours, to add freehand designs such as dots, squiggles and lines to the bottle for further customisation. Once finished personalising your aluminium bottle, allow everything to set and dry completely before using.
Tips and warnings
- Do not invest too much money in decorating an aluminium sports bottle as repeated use will eventually cause the decorations to wear off or fade.
- Consider having a laminated label created or printed with your entire design on it and simply place the band around the body of the bottle for a fast and easy was to personalise the bottle.
- Use caution when gluing items near the mouth portion of the bottle so you do not get glue inside the bottle.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for