Diamond earrings are the ideal accessory for an evening out on the town, but they can also give flare to a casual outfit or add the final touch to a costume. If you're looking for diamond earrings that are more casual and less expensive, opt for fake diamond earrings instead of the real deal. Best of all, with just a few supplies from your local craft store you can make a pair of fake diamond earrings that are inexpensive, fun and fashionable.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Synthetic diamonds
- Cleaning cloth
- Stainless-steel pierced ear posts
- Maximum-hold craft adhesive
- Stainless-steel pierced ear clutches
Determine what you want your earrings to look like. You can use one diamond or multiple diamonds to create them. Choose synthetic diamonds that are roughly the same size and shape so your completed earrings are identical to one another. Use the cleaning cloth to clean the synthetic diamonds you have selected to remove any residue or film.
Test the craft adhesive with the other materials to ensure that the adhesive will work for your project. Many adhesives may create a chemical reaction when applied to metals and synthetic materials, so you must test the adhesive prior to use. Apply a small dab of craft adhesive to a synthetic diamond that you have not chosen for the final earring project. Allow the craft adhesive to dry for 1 to 2 hours. If after 2 hours the craft adhesive has not damaged the synthetic diamond, proceed to testing the adhesive on the stainless-steel post and clutch. If the adhesive has not damaged the stainless steel, proceed to the next step.
Begin fabricating each earring by applying the synthetic diamonds to the posts. Apply a small dab of glue onto the face of a stainless-steel post as well as the back of the synthetic diamond. Press the diamond into place and apply firm pressure to the seal for 1 minute. Place the earring onto your work surface and allow it to dry over night before attaching the clutch.
Repeat Step 3 for each additional earring or set of earrings you wish to create.
Attach the stainless-steel clutches to each of the earrings to complete your fake diamond earrings.
Tips and warnings
- Use coloured synthetic gems for a different look.
- You can also use stainless-steel ear clips to create your fake diamond earrings for ears that are not pierced.
- Always use stainless steel when fabricating jewellery because lower-grade metals can easily tarnish when treated with craft adhesive.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for