When your boyfriend is upset, you'll probably do just about anything to help. Sometimes guys need extra attention when they're down, but other times you can lift their spirits just by sending comforting or silly texts. Often, just letting your guy know you're thinking of him is the fastest way to cheer him up.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Text to your boyfriend telling him how appreciated he is. Keep it short and lighthearted, but point out a few specific things you love about him, like that he makes the best waffles or lets you cheat at Wii.
Ask a friend to take a photo of you jumping in the air, making a face or in some other quirky pose that will make your man laugh. Include an appropriate caption and send the text.
Offer to help. Your boyfriend may want to talk out his problems, or he may want to take his mind off his problems and take in a baseball game or watch a movie with you instead. Be there for him in the way he needs you to be.
Take a video with your phone of you or his friends sending along words of encouragement. Text the video and send a caption that says everyone is cheering for him.
Tips and warnings
- Be patient and let your boyfriend know you are there for him,but give him space if he needs it. He may just need to work through his issues on his own.
- Make sure to consider the costs of each text to your boyfriend.
- Do not text so often that you overwhelm your boyfriend.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for