Marshmallows and spaghetti noodles may seem like they wouldn't be great building materials, but you can create different things with these two pantry goods. The softness of the marshmallows makes a great anchor for the firm noodles, which act as support beams for the structure. You can build different shapes, such as a tower, and you may be surprised as to how sturdy the materials are.
- Skill level:
Things you need
- Marshmallows (slightly stale, if preferred)
- Dry spaghetti noodles
Sketch what you want to build. A tower is a great starting point, but if you want to try something more elaborate, it may help if you have a visual idea of what you're creating.
Select enough pieces of spaghetti and marshmallows to create your design. You may want to have some extras on hand in case of mistakes.
Cut the spaghetti noodles with a scissors, based upon your building plans. If you are making a section that requires multiple noodles, make sure you cut them the same size. Have some shorter pieces on hand to use as braces.
Stick the noodles into the marshmallows. Make sure that the spaghetti noodle is held tightly by the marshmallow as this will make the joint stronger.
Build your tower or project until it looks like your sketch. You may need to practice a little to make sure you have the building process down. The bottom of the structure will hold most of the weight, so you need to make sure it's able to support the rest. Add extra spaghetti noodles if needed.
Tips and warnings
- To turn this into a game, set up two teams and see who can build their structure the highest.
- As you get the hang of it, trying experimenting with different designs.
- If you're struggling, make some basic shapes such as squares and triangles to practice first.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for